Monday, June 20, 2011

Drop Bunker: Initial Ideas

One of the good things about some corporate meetings is that they are really great opportunities to get some quality drawing time done. Think about it - no one can interrupt you, because you're "in a meeting." The presenter usually has a PowerPoint they provide after the meeting, so you don't have to focus 100% on what they are saying. And, in the case of my most recent meeting, the subject had practically nothing to do with me, so I zoned out right after the introductory sentence.

I wisely spent my time putting to ink some of my ideas for my next project - a drop bunker. I want this to be just what its name states, a hybrid between a bunker and a drop pod. A square building with beveled sides. Two firing ports on each side. Stabilizer fins on each side as well. A round hatch on the top for entry.

I started playing around with some preliminary cuts last night on cardboard. Once I get the right cut to create the bevels on top and the corners, I'll move on to a test with foamcore to get the pieces to fit together as seamlessly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment