Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hello World.

Greetings everyone! I have finally decided to take the plunge and start my own blog.

For months I've lurked around several 40K related blogs. One of my favorite being FTW. I enjoyed the great articles and the great blogrolls. I would take breaks during work and check the site at least 3-4 times a day. When the author decided to cut back on his online activities, one of his projects that "got the ax" was the blog. I've found other blogs that are interesting, but just didn't have the breadth of FTW.


One of the features that was on FTW was a weekly terrain article. The articles didn't stay on the site very long, but what I read gave me inspiration. Terrain is one part of the game that you don't see a whole lot about on the web. I had found some newsgroup articles and other postings with great ideas and even a few templates for buildings. With those ideas, I started a couple of years ago adding homemade terrain to our gaming. I feel like I've created enough new designs and original methods (at least ones I haven't seen on the internet) that I'm ready to share them.

I'm going to attempt to post at least three times a week with tips, techniques, tools, supplies and templates. I'm sure I'll throw in some non-terrain related articles as I go along.

I'll leave you with a couple of shots of our Medicae Outpost. Next post I'll tell you about this piece and the special rules we use for it during gameplay.



No comments:

Post a Comment