Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mick and the boys would be proud

It's all painted black - that is. Since I had a lot of foam from the foamcore showing, I had to brush on black paint first, then spray paint. If you use a rattle can on the exposed foam, said foam will melt. It can create a cool effect if you're trying for it. The brushed on craft paint gives a good seal and then the spray paint helps to hit all those hard to reach spots.

The building will get gradually lighter shades of grey until I get the effect I'm trying for. After the metal look is done, I'm going to back and add some color to a few panels to make them look like scrap grabbed form various Space Marine vehicles. Rust and corrosion will come after that.



In between coats of paint I'm working on the base - dirt, grass, rocks, etc. I marked off where the tower will sit. Once both items are done, I'll glue the legs on the base and surround the area around each leg with kitty litter "rocks" and dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment