Monday, October 15, 2012

Ork Alert Tower

So I went back to check the details for the terrain competition and found that I forgot to read all the rules. The theme for the terrain should center around "communication." Plus, the size for the piece is 6x6x6. There goes my idea for the wrecked titan. I'll save that one for my next project.

One of the armies I have is orks. I decided to build an orky piece of terrain for the contest since I usually don't see much of it on the table. I didn't want to build a Waaagh tower, but did want to do some type of tower. I decided to go with a tower that has an alert horn mounted on its platform - kind of like the civil defense horns. I also want a large area all the way around the platform that the lookout crew can shoot from.

I've started on the construction. I've got the base cut from masonite, the support beams and floor from foamcore and the ladder rungs and skull from cereal box cardboard.I'll be working on the project this week and will post updates as I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment