Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dem 'umies - dey broke me ship!

Ok, so it's not broke yet, but that will soon change. I abhor fast food joints, but my kids want the toys junk the comes with the food. That enjoyment lasts until they get home and the stuff usually ends up lost under a seat in the van. This guy to the left is one of the latest victims. I'm saving him from that life in the land of forgotten toys. I think he looks orkie enough to be the start for a great piece of wreckage terrain. I'll post some more of him once I get started.

Tonight I started on another wreck that I came about working on unexpectedly. I bought bits from a landspeeder on ebay so I could use the engines for a set of speeder bikes I'm building. Well, I didn't look at the picture well enough when bidding and ended up with everything except what I wanted. So I decided I had enough to do a good piece of terrain with a wrecked land speeder.


I started by taking the marines bottom halves off the seats. I used putty to fill in the hole where their butts were (hehe you said butt hole). Then I put together what I had of the speeder. I wanted to fill out some of the places that I didn't have plastic pieces for, so I started cutting thin cardboard (from a tea bag box) to create a few of the missing sections and the metal plates on them. I got as far as the "hood." My plan is to finish a little more to put on the speeder and then create pieces that will be scattered around the base. I'll use the masonite in the picture as my base. I want to cut up pink foam to make it look as if the speeder bulldozed into the ground when it crash landed.

No comments:

Post a Comment