Sunday, April 17, 2011

Land Speeder Wreck

I really wanted to take my boys to the Memphis Battle Bunker's birthday celebration this weekend. They had a lot of stuff going on that sounded really fun. We've never been able to be out there when they gave tours of the building (where they actually do production work on the models). I had to do big boy stuff instead so we missed out.


I spent my weekend in a seminar on how to invest, something that's not in my skill set whatsoever. So when I got home I was ready to do a brain flush. After 3 hours of Heroes on Netflix, I headed to the lair for some work on the wrecked speeder I started last week.

Since most of what I have of the model is the front end, I decided to make it look as if the rear engines exploded. I spent tonight creating more of the panels that will be used on the ship and scattered on the ground. I also started on creating the ground on the base for the wreck to plow through. Pink insulation foam creates the main shape.




Next post I'll have more work done on both wreck and ground. I'll also show off the speeder bikes I'm making for my youngest son's Sons of Medusa army.

No comments:

Post a Comment