Saturday, April 23, 2011

Psilencers, Speeders, Jetbikes and the Motherlode!

I work for an international company whose main offices are here in the US. We have a process we go through approximately once a month where the entire company's organizational chart is printed on large sheets of paper then mounted on foam core. When I heard that they changed them out that often and they THREW AWAY the foam core when they were finished the current month's chart, I immediately found the person responsible for the project. She got back to me today and let me know that I was welcome to the boards if I wanted them. This is the Motherlode the title eludes to -  seven 3x5 foot sheets of foamcore! That's enough to build a couple of hive cities and a Mechanicum outpost. Not sure when this set comes down, but when it does, you can be sure I'll start putting it to good use immediately.


I like to work on my hobbies the same way I work at my job - several projects going on at one time. I've got two that I've been working on and one I started tonight. I continued working on the wrecked speeder. I added two layers of sand and some kitty litter rocks to the base. I also worked on scattering some of the wreckage on the ground. Next steps on this one is to create some larger rocks/boulders with pink foam and finish up the base with a little more sand and rocks.


Another item I worked on tonight was Noah's jet bikes. I started on these a month or so back, but ran into difficulties finding something "marine-ish" enough and small enough to use as a jet engine on the rear of the bikes. I found some jet packs on ebay and those are on the way to becoming the jets for the bikes. They are the perfect size. These are some progress shots of the bikes over the last few weeks.



When I put together my Grey Knight interceptors, I was really impressed with all the options the box gave. I still have some metal knights in my bits box, so I hacked one to be able to use the psilencer with. A little bit of green stuff, pining and glue and - whalla - one more special weapon.


No comments:

Post a Comment