Monday, April 4, 2011

Grey Knight Nerdiness

So, I've seen all the posts with GK rumors, army lists, covert product photos, etc. While it was entertaining to speculate about the upcoming codex and models, I didn't start creating a new list based on rumored rules or reposting found rumors. I also promised myself that once the codex did come out, I wouldn't post my new list ideas (plenty of that already out there). I have been playing Daemonhunters for about six years and was very excited about all the new stuff. I will talk a wee bit about my weekend and the trip I had been anxiously awaiting all week.

My wife and I had to go furniture shopping this weekend and I managed to sneak in a trip to the Memphis Battle Bunker as part of the furniture store rounds. This wasn't an easy task as the bunker is nowhere close to where we live or even near a furniture store. Once we did "happen" to drive by, my daughter and I made a beeline to the checkout counter where all the new GK goodness was waiting to be had. I promised myself to be conservative with my first purchase. The codex was an obvious choice, a box of GK to create an Interceptor squad, and this month's White Dwarf packed with Grey Knight info. Being the day's driver, I wasn't going to be able to check out my prizes. Instead, I got my daughter to take my picture celebrating my nerdy giddiness (that would be the picture to the left that embarassed my wife).

Getting home that night, I started reading the codex on the front porch until I ran out of sunlight. That gave me the perfect excuse to go to my lair and start re-inventing my army. I put together a decent 1000 point list for a doubles tourney next weekend. With the list in hand, I proceeded to pull out the models I had to figure out what I needed to make.



 I started creating my Interceptor squad around 8pm and continued until 2:30am. It was really nice to be able to work with plastic for a change. I decided to do some custom work on a couple of the guys. Since they have jump packs, I wanted some dynamic landing/launching poses. I didn't finish working on them, but I've got a WIP photo below. I'll post more later and will have some shots of the process I go through when I base my models. I spend a lot of time detailing my bases. I  think it adds so much to their overall look.


No comments:

Post a Comment