Thursday, April 21, 2011

First Game with New GK Codex

I haven't been able to get much table time the last few nights to work on the wrecked speeder. Since my youngest son and I were home tonight, I decided to play a game with him rather than build. I still haven't had a chance to play with the new codex, so I thought we could try a 1000 point game. He has a growing Sons of Medusa army that maxes out at about 1000. We got in three turns before it was "bedtime." Instead of giving a battle report, I'll just say play is much different now. I kept trying to use old rules out of habit and constantly looking in the book for new ones. I took a few shots while we were playing.


This first picture is Noah preparing for his deployment. No, he's not actually that tall. I built a long bench that he can stand on while playing. The table is rather big and, without help, he can't reach much of the tabletop.


His marines had a bottleneck to get through before they could get to me.


My librarian bit off a wee bit more than he could chew. My plan was to use The Summoning to bring in the Termie squad, but the space was too tight. So he ended up going it alone.


A view of one end of the table at the end of turn three. That black round thing is the base of my dreadnought that he took out in the first round - very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment