Monday, November 12, 2012

Filling in the Cracks

 Finished putting together all the panels for the building. The template is great, but my cutting wasn't the best on this time through. I had a few more gaps than I did when I built the full bastion. Once all the glue dried, I needed to go back and fill in the gaps. I used something I have used quite often when building terrain - spackling. I prefer the stuff that comes in a tube and is pink. Using the tube helps direct where I'm putting the spackling. Plus, the pink will turn white once the spackling is dry. The manufacturer's site is here: http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=217.

I had my son go through our bits box and pick out everything that could be used for a comms outpost. My original intention was to build a tall tower of some kind. He found a lot of great pieces, but none that really said "tower." I liked the idea of using the Rhino internal door section as a control panel, so I built a small external building for the roof with a small tower and dish on top.

Next steps: Sand down the spackling, add the door and start painting.





No comments:

Post a Comment