Friday, November 9, 2012

Imperial Comms Outpost

Started on the building last night and spent a couple of hours on it tonight. As I said in an earlier post, I'm using a template I've used before, but changing it to create a different building. The template is for a bastion. It's the same bastion I have in my blog header image. The template is from "bugbait" and can be found here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/20191163/Bug-Bait-Mini-Fortress .

I've shortened the height and flattened one of the sides. The doorway will be on the flattened side. There will be a flat platform over the entrance. On the roof facing the flat side, I'm placing a comms tower of some kind (since the theme of the contest is communication).

I'm going to use a similar paint theme as I have with the bastion. I think on this one if I have time, I'm going to paint an aquilla across one side of the building along with "COMMS 04" on another side. Battle damage and chipping/distressed paint as well.

WIP photos below as well as another shot of the bastion for size comparison.




No comments:

Post a Comment